This Easy Baked Sausage and Beans Skillet meal is one of the first recipes I tried in my cast iron skillet. It was a hit with my husband, and I have been making it ever since. And I like it too! It’s easy and tastes good.
Table of Contents
1 link turkey sausage, sliced
2 16 oz. or 1 28 oz. can pork and beans
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your cut-up sausage pieces single-layer in a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Brown in the oven for 15 minutes, and then if desired, broil for 3 minutes to brown the tops.
- Take out of the oven, pour the beans on top of the sausage, and then some BBQ sauce, maybe 1/2 cup.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Baked Sausage and Beans
This video used seasoned black beans in place of pork and beans and barbeque.
So it’s like you have two recipes instead of only one.
We Eat With Cornbread and a Salad
The first time I made this meal, my husband said, “I think cornbread would go good with this.” And he was right. For me, the slightly more health-conscious one, I needed something else too. So I decided on a salad.
Sausage and Beans with cornbread and a salad make a well-rounded meal, in my opinion.
What do you think?
All in all, this is one of my favorite easy meals to make in cast iron.
Can you make it without using a cast iron skillet? Yes, you can. But the cast iron gives it a better flavor, I think.
So, if you would like to try making this Easy Baked Sausage and Beans Skillet recipe in cast iron, but need a skillet, check out my Lodge 12-Inch Cast Iron Skillet Review.